abetment SS 109-120 OF IPC
- Punishment for different kind of abetment (Section 109-120)
- If the act abetted is committed in consequence of the abetment, that is when it is committed in consequence of the instigation, or in pursuance of the conspiracy, or with the aid which constitute the abetment, and no express provision is made for the punishment of such abetment, the punishment which is prescribed is the same as for the offence abetted.
- If the person abetted does the act with a different intention or knowledge, then the abettor is to be punished as if the crime has been done with the intention or knowledge of the abettor.
- If the act committed is different from the act abetted but is a probable consequence of the abetment and is done under the influence is constituted the abetment.
- If the act is committed together with another act which is the probable consequence of the abetment and is done under the influence of the instigation, the abettor is liable to be punished for each of the crimes.
- If the effect caused by the act abetted is different from the effect intended by the abettor but the abettor is known for the cause then the abettor is liable for the effect.
- If the abettor is present when the offence is committed then he is consider to commit such offence.
Abetment of serious offences (Section 115-117)
This section states that the imprisonment for abetting offences punishable with death, imprisonment for life and imprisonment.
- A person abets of an offence is punishable with death penalty or imprisonment for life Even if the offence is not committed, then he is punishable with imprisonment for seven years with fine. The abettor is liable to imprisonment up to 14 years with fine if the act of abetment causes to hurt any person.
- If a person commit an offence and punishable with imprisonment and if that offence is not committed in consequences of the abetment. He is punishable with imprisonment for that offence for a term upto one-fourth of the longest term.
- Section 117 punishes abetment of commission of an offence by the public generally or by more than ten people with three years with fine.
Other punishment for abetment (Sections 118-120)
- If a person intending to facilitates the commission of an offence punishable with death penalty or life imprisonment for concealing or facilitating the commission of an offence.
- If the crime is committed then the person is liable for the punishment up to seven years and fine
- If the crime is not committed then the person is punishable with imprisonment up to three years and fine.
- If any public servant intending to hide a crime by any act or omission or the use of encryption or any other information hiding tool with intent to facilitate the commission of the offence.
- Then the person is punishable with imprisonment up to one-half of the longest term provided for that offence, or with such fine as is provided of that offence.
- And if the offence is punishable with death penalty or life imprisonment then he is punishable with imprisonment of 10 years.
- If any person intending to facilitate to commission of an offence punishable with imprisonment and makes any false representation is punishable.
- If offence is committed then imprisonment up to one fourth of the imprisonment prescribed for that offence, or with fine.
- And if offence is not committed the imprisonment up to one-eighth of the imprisonment prescribed for that offence or fine.